Dec 01, 2015
- Review of Action Items
- Stephen Marks: OA journal archiving project
- Based on a general lack of enthusiasm, we did not pursue this at this time. That said, OCUL-IR has recognized that OA materials in Scholars Portal are something that needs to be addressed and is looking at a way to do so. We will continue to monitor the discussion and provide advice/guidance where necessary.
- 2015 OCUL Digital Curation Summit update - Kelli Babcock, Patricia Moore, Gabriela Mircea
- The Summit had ~50 people in attendance, and feedback was quite positive.
- Sarah Simpkinand Patricia Moore looking into possibility of hosting an Ottawa based event in the coming year.
- OLRC update - Stephen Marks, Nick Ruest
- It has launched! The originally planned cluster is now in production. Next steps include looking at how to expand the cluster and how to allow new institutions to join.
- Platform updates
- Version 2.2 was released a while back
- Queens is working with Artefactual on a contract to request new features, looking to partner with other institutions to do so. Interested parties should contact Jeremy Heil
- Project ARC/Portage - Leanne Trimble, Stephen Marks
- The DMP Assistant is live: https://portagenetwork.ca/
- also Stephen Marks is the head of the new Preservation Expert Group, working with Compute Canada right now on requirements for a shared preservation pipeline
- Open gabfest