FIst meeting: Thursday June 18, 2015
In attendance: Kelly, Pat, Gabriela
1. Review feedback from last year
- instead of poster session, have "demo" session
- instead of having two streams (1 with a tech focus), have some sessions that could break out?
- poll people > do people want the management side only or also the tech? Need to have mid-level tech to include both sides.
- "it would be useful to have some pre-Summit homework or a testbed/sandbox to play in with all the software. "
- might be hard to coordinate
- could be helpful for assessing where people are
- consider when we have presenters interested
- framing sessions around sustainability?
2. Discuss the logistics of holding an in-person summit is possible without funding
- Gabriela Mircea will speak to her manager about committing meeting space and in kind support for food
- Looking at October date - Kelli Babcock to send out poll once Gabriela hears confirmation
- Kelli Babcock to send poll about summit theme:
- Sessions on sustainability and ongoing management of digital curation
- Sessions on increasing digital curation collaboration between institutions
- Workshops on practical skills in platforms
- Sessions on "Failing Better: Lessons learned"
- Other topics (write in)
3. Come up with a plan :)
Second Meeting: Thursday July 16
- Next steps
- look at Eventbrite for registration https://www.eventbrite.ca/