Scholars Portal Definition of AIP
1. Archival Information Package (AIP)
- The information package consisting of the Content Information (CI), Preservation Description Information (PDI), Packaging Information (PI), and Descriptive Information (DI) , that is archived at Scholars Portal.
- The Content Data Object is generally stored separately from the primary preservation metadata file, which is held in the Marklogic database.
- Except in cases where the only content data object is an XML document, the The CDO will be stored on a filesystem with a reference to its location contained in the preservation metadata.
1.3. Packaging Information (PI)
- Packaging information is stored in the form of references between a CDO's descriptive metadata file (see below) and the preservation metadata file. In order to preserve traversability of the metadata from either direction, these links are bi-directional.The Scholars Portal preservation metadata packages both the descriptive and preservation metadata together.
1.4. Descriptive Information (DI)