|Canopus project update||Steve Marks |
- Working on the development on new DAMS at UofT Canopus - it is now in production!
- One of our issues has been lots of different platforms and keeping track of all of it and think/plan/address in a uniform way, tried to centralize, but there were always technical issues - scaling, suitability - Moved towards a DAMS model
- Steve gave a demo of Canopus DAMS, showing the interface and discussed some of the reasoning behind the technical decisions
- The DAMS is controlled by a series of APIs that do various tasks including retrieval, renaming, etc. If you need to pull all files from a collection, you can retrieve via identifier etc. through the API and show location etc.
- The DAMS has enabled an analysis dashboard in kibana that provides counts of files, size, breakdown of types
- This has been developed with Scholars Portal because it is a problem facing the whole OCUL community