- November 2014 - OCUL-SP proposal to fund Books Reinvestment approved by OCUL Directors
- February 2015 - Books redevelopment survey circulated to OCUL staff. 90 responses received
- March 2015 - Books Reinvestment Working Group is formed as a subcommittee of OCUL-SP
- November 2015 - Functional Requirements document developed by working group is approved by OCUL Directors.
- January 2016 - SP begins scoping deliverables based on functional requirements
- August 2016 - Two full-time eBook developers hired
- May June 2017 - Beta release of the new Scholars Portal Books platform (limited features and collections)
- January 2018 - General release of the new Scholars Portal Books platform