- November 2014 - OCUL-SP proposal to fund Books Reinvestment approved by OCUL Directors
- February 2015 - Books redevelopment survey circulated to OCUL staff. 90 responses received
- March 2015 - Books Reinvestment Working Group is formed as a subcommittee of OCUL-SP
- November 2015 - Functional Requirements document developed by working group is approved by OCUL Directors.
- January 2016 - SP begins scoping deliverables based on functional requirements
- August 2016 - Two full-time eBook developers hired
- May 2017 - Beta release of the new Scholars Portal Books platform (limited features and collections)
- Fall 2017 January 2018 - General release of the new Scholars Portal Books platform
Users will be able to select books from the search results or metadata page and add them to the My Books list, where they can generate a citation or reading list.
Scope of the
Winter 2018 release (what we're working on this summer)
Users will be able to access books with concurrent use restrictions. When looking at a book’s metadata, users will see a selection of related books. They will be able to search across XML book and navigate directly to sections associated with search results.
ACE Users will be able to navigate through the entirety of the site using keyboard commands
e-resource staff will be able to log in and review all collections their school is entitled to. They will be able to generate title lists based on collections or load date, and packages of MARCs or KBART files using the same parameters. They will be able to select collections or date ranges and generate a few usage reports.
ACE coordinators will be able to log in and generate usage reports for the following, based on tokens: visits to platform, searches performed, items viewed, items downloaded