|Consortial/regional digitization centres||Jeremy Heil Jenny Jing Anna St. Onge|
- There is an amazing draft document that Jenny Jing set up that we can add to.
- We need to do more of a needs survey of the community (survey? survey!)
- Needs and requirements (there is a gap between what users want us to do and where there are skill gaps,
- Jenny has looked at different university and regional digitization groups (McGill is a ways ahead of us - OCUL can do better)
- Anna mentioned Archives of Ontario is signally an interest in more collaboration, and we should consider community orgs like VTape where people have finely-tuned skill sets that we can exploit (collaborate!)
- Offer options in the survey, rather than a blank page - helps guide the conversation and identify areas
- See here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DxhQnHrfAGqEn73pgnhVxVkwJloIlzJeiXQzKy5IMVs/edit?usp=sharing for the draft report
|Archivematica webinar||Jeremy Heil|
|Islandora webinar||Nick Ruest|
- Nick, Krista and Sara will get back to everyone about stuff
|Event Planning||Kelli Babcock|
- Feedback please:
- Tentative dates: Friday 7, 14, 21, 28 November 2014 Fall 2014 (book it!)
- Names/topics/stations to consider: Using digital forensics (FRED at UofT), Digital preservation policies, digitization work flows (UTSC), Jeremy/Steve Archivmatica (Jeremy/Steve), Islandora (Nick/Kirsta), Omeka (Leslie Barnes/Kelli)
- Dan Scott : Is there overlap with the consortial planning? Bringing in OurDigital World/Internet Archive/VTape other third parties? Fair point. Let's check.
- Budget: we have some $1450, let's see what we can achieve with that sum.
- Ask Anika at OCUL to help us find an appropriate space for this event
- Q: is there a listing somewhere for all of our skills and expertise? Let's do that. A third spreadsheet? Yes. Anna St. Onge will attempt to do this. But Jeremy Heil did it already here: Expertise.
- Look at Tool Shed for some of the "how" questions that some of us brought up.
|ODLRC update||Nick Ruest|
|Update from ACA-TAATU||Anna St. Onge|
| || || |
|Next meeting is:|| ||17 October 10:AM|