Scholars Portal Definition of SIP
1. Submission Information Package (SIP)
- The information package that is delivered to Scholars Portal for use in the construction of one or more AIPs.
- The format of the SIP may vary from provider to provider, based on the publisher's willingness and ability to provide the content and metadata in a specific format.
- In all cases, the level of content the publisher will provide will be specified in the OCUL License agreement, or in a document supplementing the same.
- For a given Content Type, any requirements or restrictions on the type of content that can be contained in the SIP will be described in that Content Type's Preservation Action Plan.
2.1. OAIS (2002) CCSDS 650.0-B-1: Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS). Blue Book. Issue 1. January 2002 (ISO 14721:2003) http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/650x0b1.pdf accessed 2011.08.24
3. Document History