184.108.40.206.1 - The repository shall have unique identifiers.
SP creates unique URIs for each AIP, as well as unique URIs for each file that comprises the AIP. Please refer to 220.127.116.11 and the URI & File Naming Plan for the creation of URIs for AIPs.
SP URIs for individual files and events are consistently constructed in the following manner:
- The URI of the parent object and a hash generated from the current date/time are concatenated. PDF files are identified by adding “pdf_fulltext” after the parent object URI and then the current date\time hash. While XML files are identified by adding “xml_fulltext” after the parent object URI and then the current date/time hash. In this way, there should be no chance of collisions.
- Parent object: A C. elegans LSD1 Demethylase Contributes to Germline Immortality by Reprogramming Epigenetic Memory - Cell (April 2009), 137 (2), pg. 308-320
- Parent object URI: /00928674/v137i0002/308_aceldcgibrem
- PDF Fulltext: /00928674/v137i0002/308_aceldcgibrem/pdf_fulltext/1303399300907
- XML Fulltext: /00928674/v137i0002/308_aceldcgibrem/xml_fulltext/130339930294
- Other files: /00928674/v137i0002/308_aceldcgibrem/1303399302709
- Events: /00928674/v137i0002/308_aceldcgibrem/1303399314628
Digital Preservation Policy Librarian